I was shocked when I realized that I’d never posted my famous baked sweet potato fries recipe. (Though my regular fried sweet potato fries are right here, and my sweet potato chips are here!) What a snafu! I’m a serious sweet potato zealot, and I’ll eat them any which way. I love them mashed, baked, and au gratin’ed, but mostly I love them as French fries. An easy snack that you can eat with your finger, baked sweet potato French fries are the best thing ever.
While the regular deep-fried sweet potato fries are great, sometimes you want a healthier version that doesn’t involve a gallon of oil. I learned to bake my fries way back when I first moved out of my mom’s house. Remember those nasty bags of Orida fries, the ones that were half-fried in the bag, and you finished on a cookie sheet? Yup, I used to eat those all the time. One day it occurred to me that I could do that with regular potatoes and have not only a healthier, but a tastier dish than I was getting in that disgusting bag of processed, pressed potato sticks.
Then, years later, it occurred to me that I should try it with sweet potatoes. And voila, my baked sweet potato fries recipe was born! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. These are one of my favorite snacks. Ever.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potato wedges with the oil, ghee, herbs, and salt.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and spread out coated sweet potato wedges in an even, single layer. It's better to bake your fries in two batches than crowd them all into one pan. Crowding the pan makes for soggy fries.
- Slide cookie sheet into oven and bake fries for about 20 minutes, until they are cooked through but crispy on the outside. If you like, finish them off with 1 or 2 minutes next to the broiler to give them an extra crispy outside, but be careful not to singe them! Serve hot, straight out of the oven, alongside some freshly made ketchup.
If you like this baked sweet potato fries recipe, check out these other healthier French fries recipes:
- Squash Fries
- Healthy Baked Carrot French Fries
- Baked French Fries Recipe with Chile Peppers & Cilantro
This content was originally posted on FearlessFresh.com.