New Years Eve is less than 36 hours away here on the west coast of the United States, and many of us are fastidiously checking our alcohol lists for tomorrow night to make sure we can make our favorite champagne cocktail recipes. After all, what is a New Years Eve kiss if it’s not followed by a little bubbly love?
Some of us out there in alkie-land are champagne purists. I personally prefer mine straight and unadulterated, but recently my friend Josh introduced me to a champagne cocktail that made me realize that I might have been kidding myself all these years. Done well, champagne mixers can be a transcendent experience.
New Years Eve Champagne Cocktail Recipes Are Your Friend
Here are a few champagne cocktail recipes that rock my socks, and I’ll bet my bebida you’ll love them too. If you’ve got a favorite that’s not listed here, please leave a comment telling me how to make it!
- 2 teaspoons (1/3 ounce) Creme de Violette
- 5 oz chilled champagne, (or one glass)
- 2 teaspoons (1/3 ounce) absinthe
- Pour in Creme de Violette first, then gently pour champagne down the side of the glass to let the violet liquor rest at the bottom. Float the absinthe along the top for a great presentation, but mix before drinking for full taste effect.
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, finely textured or powdered for easy mixing
- 2 oz iced gin
- 4 oz chilled champagne
- Lemon peel twist for garnish
- Rim champagne flute with sugar, if you like that sort of thing. In a shaker half filled with ice, combine gin, sugar, and lemon juice, shaking well. Pour into a flute (or a collins glass, which I've read is also somewhat traditional) and top with champagne. Garnish with curly lemon peel.
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or one sugar cube
- 4 ounces champagne, pink if you have on hand
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) rose water
- 1 whole strawberry, sliced
- Dissolve sugar in a flute with champagne, then pour in rose water. Drop in a slice of strawberry for that extra girlie touch.
- 3 parts champagne
- 1 part pomegranate iced tea
- 1 appropriately ironic morning cocktail cup, such as a plastic Spiderman tumbler, or 7-11 coffee mug
- Pour and sip. You don't need to be hung over to appreciate this bad boy - it makes a great addition to any alkie-breakfast table.
Happy New Year Everyone!
If you make any of these New Years Eve champagne cocktail recipes, have one for me! And please, be safe out there – have your designated driver, cab fare, or walking shoes ready when you need them. My next post will be about hangover cures, so check it out.
This content was originally posted on FearlessFresh.com.