50 Healthy, Easy Cooking Recipes for Beginners
What makes a beginner recipes easy enough for beginner cooks to make without fail? There are a few criteria I like to teach so that beginners don't get overwhelmed.
But first, one REALLY important beginner skill you need to know is how to properly salt your food. Seriously, this one lesson will improve the flavor of your food in just seconds.
Here are a few solid criteria for gauging how suitable a recipe is for a beginner:
- The recipe should be pretty short, with less than 30 minutes of actual work.
- It should not require any special tools or ingredients that the average home cook would normally buy.
- A good beginner recipe should not have a ton of ingredients. I'd say 10 ingredients MAX or it gets into intermediate territory.
- The techniques should be pretty easy to pick up, meaning that the method does not have any confusing movements to make it work.
- The instructions should be easy to follow, without any fancy terms that don't have an explanation.
- The recipe should be written by someone who knows what they're doing. There are a ton of bad recipes on the internet, and if a recipe is written poorly, beginners will have a hard time making it work.
A great example of a beginner cooking recipe is how to make your own salad dressing (which is also WAY healthier than buying dressing at the store!). This recipe doesn't