– I love a good, savory zucchini hummus with fresh veggies. –
Ever heard of using zucchini in a hummus recipe? It’s amazing what you’ll come up with when you’ve got fifty zucchinis lying around the house. Anyone with a zucchini plant in their garden probably knows exactly what I’m talking about. Bumper crop much?
Tonight I was looking for a light summer snack, and I just wasn’t feeling plain greens or carrot sticks. How could I dress them and still adhere to this healthy, somewhat raw diet I’m curious about? Never fear, Gone Raw is here! I did a search for dip, and found several hummus recipes would fit the bill. I frankensteined together a dish from a few they listed, and wow – you almost wouldn’t know that it wasn’t made of chickpeas.
Since it’s made from zucchini, this hummus recipe is very light and fluffy. It’s a perfect summer dip, and if you like, you can cut back on the oil to be a little nicer to your cardiovascular system. It’s perfect for carrots, celery, sliced peppers… you name it!
Light Zucchini Hummus Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini peeled and chopped, about 4 cups total
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil*
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth, adding more salt and lemon juice to taste if you like. Don’t blend too long or the friction of the blades will cook your hummus.
This content was originally posted on FearlessFresh.com.