This French 75 recipe is the damn champagne cocktail that took me out on New Years Eve. (I didn’t even get a chance to try any other of my favorite cocktails!) Proceed with caution! I do love me the bubbles of champagne, but I will warn you – this drink packs a hell of a punch. Two of these will have even the most staunch drinker feeling bubbly, and for you out there with the low tolerance, well, let’s just say two would probably be your limit. If you overdo it, here are a few tried-and-true hangover cures.
I can tell you from personal experience that French 75 champagne cocktails do not mix very well with swing sets in the middle of the night. That’s all I’ll share about that little story. Ahem.
Enjoy this cocktail on New Years Eve, and I hope that your evening is safe and so much fun. And I hope you remember all of it!
- 6 cubes brown or white sugar, or 3 teaspoons granulated brown or white sugar
- 12 dashes dashes orange bitters
- 6 ounces gin or brandy
- 6 wedges of lemon
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 orange twists
- In each of the glasses place 1 sugar cube or 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 2 dashes orange bitters, and 1 ounce gin or brandy.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge into each glass and discard the wedge. Stir.
- Divide sparkling wine evenly among the glasses, garnish with an orange twist, and serve.
This content was originally posted on FearlessFresh.com.