Today’s guest post is from Josh Kirkpatrick, AKA Formica – you’ve seen him here before, rocking the beef stroganoff. Today he’s back with the perfect end-of-week treat, a chocolate martini recipe that will knock your socks off. And who cares if it’s still early in the day? I mean, come on… it’s five o’clock somewhere.
Is it egotistical to call something perfect? Yes; I’m doing it anyway.
This chocolate martini recipe is the result of years of experimentation, and two moments of satori:
- Take notes on each iteration of the drink
- Chocolate syrup is the key
Properly made, this chocolate martini should have the taste and consistency of melted chocolate ice cream.
Drinkin’ Math – One Shot Glass Equals:
- Three tablespoons
- 45 milliliters
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glass
- Fresh ice
- Measuring device (I suggest a shot glass marked in milliliters)
The Perfect Chocolate Martini Recipe
- 1.5 parts vodka
- 1 part half & half
- 1 part chocolate liqueur
- 1 part chocolate syrup
- 1 chocolate garnish of your choice
- Place your glass and shaker in the freezer for at least ten minutes for the coldest possible drink.
- Fill your shaker at least one third full with fresh ice. Add the liquid ingredients to the shaker in the order listed above. If you use a measuring cup, add the chocolate syrup last. You can measure it by displacement.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into your chilled cocktail glass, garnish with your toothpicked chocolate, and serve immediately.
- Blood orange margarita
- The R&R cocktail
- Watermelon lime vodka martini
- French 75 champagne cocktail
- New Years Eve champagne cocktails
- Cocktails from Burning Man
- Best hangover cures
This content was originally posted on FearlessFresh.com.